Collection of icons

The oldest and of very high value is collection of icons. It was borrowed from the Split gallery in 1948 and in time the 14 icons became Gallery property. That same year additional 17 icons, originating in the Tartaglia collection that had been nationalized by the government, were added to the collection. Another 3 icons were brought from private individuals.

The most valuable item in the Inventory book of the Gallery of Art from the earlier period is the triptych with the Madonna, known as the „Triptych from Ugljan“ dating from the second half of the XIIIth century which is now on display in the Permanent Exhibition of Church Art.